Tuesday, April 13, 2010

8800GTX Firmware Problem?

I recently updated the firmware on my 8800GTX and in the previous version it would let me adjust fan speeds on my GPU. After I updated I can no longer adjust the fan speed of my GPU and it will not show the tempature. I believe the firmware version is 1.4.6.12, is that old or are there newer drivers to fix this problem? (i downloaded the driver from the 3Dmark06 page then ran the systemlabs test and said that the driver/firmware was out of date and gave me a link to patch it. whould I have stayed with the one from 3Dmark06%26#39;s page?)8800GTX Firmware Problem?
Bump8800GTX Firmware Problem?
Bump? (Should I just re-install the old software/driver?)
You updated the FIRMWARE? Hm.. Well if the new one isn%26#39;t working out for you then I suggest you go back to the old one.
Er... sorry I meant driver... Its nTune thats giving me problems (It changed when I updated the driver.)
[QUOTE=''geogo3r'']Er... sorry I meant driver... Its nTune thats giving me problems (It changed when I updated the driver.)[/QUOTE]This is a known issue with the latest drivers, they stripped that functionality out... so hopefully in a future driver revision they will add it back in. In the meantime use other software like Rivatuner or ATITools to check temps and set the fan speed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment