Thursday, April 15, 2010

Can I use this hard drive?

I currently have some really crappy 60 gig hard drive.  My friend is selling me a sata 7200 rpm 250 gig hard drive for 50 bucks, but my motherboard is old so i%26#39;m not sure if i can use it. http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/products.php?categories=1%26model=6That%26#39;s the link to my motherboard. Can I use this hard drive?
nice to know more bout the hdd too and it also depends on power supply box too, gotta have the sata connectors, cuz ide and sata connect differently to the power supply Can I use this hard drive?
I%26#39;m pretty sure I have sata connectors, I%26#39;m just wondering if my motherboard will allow me to use this hard drive because right now I%26#39;m using an ide hard drive.
it has two sata 150 connectors and you can get cable adapters for the psu. 
If you have sata connectorson your motherboard and have sata power connectors on your psu, then they can work side by side.

No comments:

Post a Comment