Thursday, April 15, 2010

New Rig Issue

I just built a new system with a nForce 680i SLI, Core 2 Duo E6600, 2GB Corsair XMS2, and an 8800 GTS 640MB. When I turn on the computer I get to the screen which tells me to press delete for setup. When I press delete on the keyboard, nothing happens. I have tried a couple keyboards now. Is there something I forgot to plug in inside the case?Help appreciated. New Rig Issue
Were any of those keyboards PS/2 or were they all USB?New Rig Issue
[QUOTE=''RayvinAzn'']Were any of those keyboards PS/2 or were they all USB?[/QUOTE] That was my first question as well.
there should be a setting in the BIOS to allow USB keyboards, I%26#39;m guessing it has the ability anyways. I have a 975X Platinum mobo and I had the same problem till I figured this out... Good luck!
Also, I remember I was having some problems with wireless keyboards. They wouldn%26#39;t work while booting up, but they worked when i was in windows.
Both are PS/2, but the wireless keyboard is usb connected into a PS/2 adapter.
Use a regular PS/2 wired keyboard. Boot it up. It should be fine. Then later, change it in the bios to USB and switch keyboards.
hmmm I just booted it and it worked, so I did my BIOS settings, then reset to install vista, but the keyboard stopped working again. What does one beep indicate when booting up? 
[QUOTE=''firefly026'']hmmm I just booted it and it worked, so I did my BIOS settings, then reset to install vista, but the keyboard stopped working again. What does one beep indicate when booting up? [/QUOTE]you changed your bios settings to usb right? Then what keyboard are you using right now?Also, one beep indicates ''System ok, booting up'' or something along that line. 
[QUOTE=''firefly026'']hmmm I just booted it and it worked, so I did my BIOS settings, then reset to install vista, but the keyboard stopped working again. What does one beep indicate when booting up? [/QUOTE]One short beep generally indicates that your machine passed its POST with no problems. If I had to take a guess right now, I%26#39;d say there%26#39;s a chance that your motherboard%26#39;s PS/2 connector isn%26#39;t properly soldered to the board or some such.
make sure everything is plugged in, then flip the cmos, that sometimes works. sometimes it sticks on that screen if you have a bad hdd, did that to me last week.  cmos usually fixes a lot of problems like that unless its just a bad keyboard, but you said you tried several right

No comments:

Post a Comment