Thursday, April 15, 2010

G.P.U help

I am building a gaming PC and am having some trouble figuring out which G.P.U to use I was wondering if I should just go out and buy a DX10 card like the evga geforce 8800gts or get a DX9 card like a 7900gs or an X1950PRO. I am wondering how long I could go with one of those DX9 cards before having to upgrade to a better DX10 card and If i get a DX9 card should I get XP or vista?G.P.U help
Also I should probaly mention that I am gonna want to run games on med/high setting at pretty high FPS I will probaly be using an old CRT monitor at 1280x1024 also.
G.P.U help
if you have the money get the 320mb 8800GTS
Depends on what games you want to play. Right off the bat I%26#39;d say get the DX10 card over the DX9 card. But if you aren%26#39;t concered about playing some of the newer games in DX10 then no need to bother with a DX10 card. Although price wise you can probable get a good DX10 card for roughly the same amount of money as a comparable DX9 card. And then it%26#39;s just a question of why not?Vista requires a DX9 card so if you want Vista no need to not get it, regardless of which GPU you end up getting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment