Thursday, April 15, 2010

Dell GX270

HiSomeone has asked me to either upgrade his current Dell Optiplex GX270 or to completely build him a new computer. Is it possible to give this computer a good upgrade. He uses it to surf the net and plays games such as Sim City 4. He is a historian and uses it to look up stuff there aswell> Can you please recommend? Also, what would I look for in RAM apart from capacity? Is it true that PC3 RAM is comming out this year and you can get PC3 12500 RAM?Dell GX270
Can anyone help?Dell GX270
PC3 RAm is comming but I don%26#39;t know the speeds.I think he should build a new computer.Bcoz the CPU is Pentium 4 (I think CPU is PGA 478), I think no PCI-Express slot, Not DDR2.These day they were old.(DDR, AGP 8x, SATA 150, PGA 478)  
Here are the specs on the computer:http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/opgx270/en/ug/specs.htm  As you can see the video card slot is only a AGP 3.0 and the power supply about 210w.  I would suggest that you build a new system, there%26#39;s not much to work with here. IMO.
Ok, thanks for the help.

No comments:

Post a Comment