Thursday, April 15, 2010

Quick Monitor Question.

I know this may be a stupid question, but Im a little confused.  Currently I have a pretty crappy dell Monitor that has a max resolution of 1280*1024@60Hz.  My GPU is a 7950GT and I was wondering that if I got a better monitor that could run  1280*1024@85Hz, would I see any improvement in FPS playing games?  The reason I ask is because I heard that a crappy monitor can bottleneck a good GPU.  Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance.Quick Monitor Question.
if you have 2 monitors, both on the same resolution, with the same video card, it wont increase the fps. if you get a better monitor that can run 1600x1200, your vid card can handle it, and the game will look better, but generally the lower the resolution the better the fps. but why have such a good video card and only run games on a low resolution? if you upgrade a monitor, get something nice, not just the same thing but newer. keeping the same monitor and lowering the resolution would increase fps, or keeping the same resolution and getting a better vid card would increase fps, or lowering other settings. hope that helps, the vid card still has to load the same amount of pixelsQuick Monitor Question.
Thank you for the help.  The reason Im a little concerned is because people claimed to be getting great FPS in games like  oblivion at 1280*1024 with the GPU I currently have, while I seem to be getting poor FPS at that res.  I thought it would be the crappy monitor bottlenecking the powerful card.  Nothing else in my system is poor performance wise except the monitor.
well if someone has the exact same processor, ram, motherboard, amount of processes running in the backround, same video card, and resolution, as you and getting a better fps than you, then it might be they have lower settings on, such as something like antialiasing or v sync or textures lower than you. or they might have the same settings as you, but better processor or more ram, or less stuff running in the backround
  • the bees
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment