Tuesday, April 13, 2010

booting help

Hi guys. Well I need you expert help on how to boot a cd during the power on process. I%26#39;m interested in installing a free linux-based GUI called Fedora 7. How do you boot a cd that is already in your system to install such an item. Here is the link to a very vague installation guide of Fedora Core 4, which is not the same one I want, but I believe the install instructions are the same. Apparently I am supposed to boot the first cd during the power on seesion.-something I don%26#39;t know how to do, and I wish for someone to help me with.  www.howtoforge.com/perfect_setup_fedora_core_4 Thanks! booting help
???booting help
You need to go into your BIOS and set the boot order to check your optical drive before your HDD.
Have you tried putting it into your boot drive, shut down totally, then cold boot?
how do i put it on my boot drive?
If you have your optical drive set in your BIOS as first boot drive. Then put the cd or dvd in the drive.  Turn off computer. Wait a second or two, then push the power button.  Your cd should boot!
thanks man. Its people like you that offer your self-less service that I very much appreciate!

No comments:

Post a Comment