Thursday, April 15, 2010

My router just died...

For some unkown reason, it just decided to completely die for no reason. It was a linksys WRT54G V.6. I don%26#39;t know why. It won%26#39;t turn on at all. No lights or anything...so what router do you guys recommend I get next? A more reliable one that is good for xbox live gaming would be nice. Thanks. My router just died...
I would%26#39;ve suggested the Linksys WRT54G, but since that one pooped out on you, I%26#39;d suggest checking out D-Link%26#39;s DGL series router:[url]http://shop2.outpost.com/product/4315795;jsessionid=zheDu6xR8ODvvQm+h5tG4w**.node2?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG[/url]My router just died...
[QUOTE=''GamingMonkeyPC'']I would%26#39;ve suggested the Linksys WRT54G, but since that one pooped out on you, I%26#39;d suggest checking out D-Link%26#39;s DGL series router:[url]http://shop2.outpost.com/product/4315795;jsessionid=zheDu6xR8ODvvQm+h5tG4w**.node2?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG[/url][/QUOTE] That looks good, but it seems a little expensive.

linksys is usually the best when it comes to routers. how old was your router?
[QUOTE=''CYSYKO'']linksys is usually the best when it comes to routers. how old was your router? [/QUOTE] It wasn%26#39;t even a year old...

[QUOTE=''GamingMonkeyPC''] I would%26#39;ve suggested the Linksys WRT54G, but since that one pooped out on you, I%26#39;d suggest checking out D-Link%26#39;s DGL series router[/QUOTE] Mine died after about 4 years of use, so I recently picked up a new one. it%26#39;s very cost effective and almost always a solid performer IMO...I went with what worked ;)
50 bucks even at bestbuy? Hell yeah it%26#39;s sold.
[QUOTE=''Staryoshi87''][QUOTE=''GamingMonkeyPC''] I would%26#39;ve suggested the Linksys WRT54G, but since that one pooped out on you, I%26#39;d suggest checking out D-Link%26#39;s DGL series router[/QUOTE]
Mine died after about 4 years of use, so I recently picked up a new one. it%26#39;s very cost effective and almost always a solid performer IMO...I went with what worked ;)[/QUOTE] So do you have the WRT54G or the D-link?
[QUOTE=''Lobster_Ear''][QUOTE=''Staryoshi87''][QUOTE=''GamingMonkeyPC''] I would%26#39;ve suggested the Linksys WRT54G, but since that one pooped out on you, I%26#39;d suggest checking out D-Link%26#39;s DGL series router[/QUOTE] Mine died after about 4 years of use, so I recently picked up a new one. it%26#39;s very cost effective and almost always a solid performer IMO...I went with what worked ;)[/QUOTE] So do you have the WRT54G or the D-link? [/QUOTE] Oops, I can%26#39;t believe I forgot to include that. The 54G. Even at Bestbuy it only ran me 50 bucks.
[QUOTE=''Staryoshi87''][QUOTE=''Lobster_Ear''][QUOTE=''Staryoshi87''][QUOTE=''GamingMonkeyPC''] I would%26#39;ve suggested the Linksys WRT54G, but since that one pooped out on you, I%26#39;d suggest checking out D-Link%26#39;s DGL series router[/QUOTE] Mine died after about 4 years of use, so I recently picked up a new one. it%26#39;s very cost effective and almost always a solid performer IMO...I went with what worked ;)[/QUOTE] So do you have the WRT54G or the D-link? [/QUOTE] Oops, I can%26#39;t believe I forgot to include that. The 54G. Even at Bestbuy it only ran me 50 bucks.[/QUOTE] So do you think I should just re-buy the 54G or is there a better one that I should look into?

That Linksys router should still be under warranty. You may want to call them and tell them your story. I hope you registered it when you bought it.

No comments:

Post a Comment